Eddie Ermita Does A Gloria
I’m really in a cooky mood so even this is really a rant, I’ll try to be sane.
Like mother, like ‘son, little president’ Eduardo Ermita is the latest member of the official family of Pres. Gloria Macapagal Arroyo to say he’s running for Congress next year, and while that’s a partisan activity, he won’t resign.
Like his boss, Mr. Ermita wants us to just trust that he won’t use public funds nor use the influence of his high office as undue advantage in trying to regain his old congressional seat in Batangas.
We’re really such a ‘blessed’ people that Ermita and Arroyo, and their ilk are so enamored with selfless public service that they’ll leave Malacanang but keep their mugs in the news ‘in our service’.
The other Cabinet and administration officials seeking national or local posts next year are:
• Cabinet Secretary Silvestre Bello III (for senator, Lakas-Kampi CMD)
• Presidential Management Staff Director General Hermognes Esperon Jr. (for the Sixth District of Pangasinan, Lakas-Kampi CMD)
• Chief presidential legal counsel Raul Gonzalez Sr. (for mayor of Iloilo City, Lakas-Kampi-CMD)
• Budget Secretary Rolando Andaya Jr. (for the First District of Camarines Sur, Liberal Party)
• Technical Education and Skills Development Authority Chairman Augusto Syjuco Jr. (for Iloilo’s Second District, Lakas-Kampi CMD)
• Agriculture Secretary Arthur Yap (for Bohol’s Third District, Lakas-Kampi-CMD)
• Environment Secretary Lito Atienza (for mayor of Manila, Liberal Party)
• Deputy National Security Adviser Luis Singson (for governor of Ilocos Sur, Lakas-Kampi CMD).